Registrations for Finnjamboree Kajo 2022 are binding after the registration period has ended. If you have registered for the event, but cannot attend for some reason, you have until 15 May to transfer your participation to someone else.
Terms for transferring camp participation
- Registration for the camp was open from 1 December 2021 – 2 February 2022, and registrations became binding immediately after registration. If you have registered, but find out after the registration period that you will be unable to attend the event, you can transfer your participation to another participant.
- Participations can be transferred from 3 February – 15 May 2022. If you have applied for a grant, your participation cannot be transferred until the decision on the grant has been made.
- The participation fee must be paid before participation can be transferred.
- The terms for transferring camp participation apply to transferring participations. You have accepted the terms of registration and cancellation for the event, including the terms for transferring camp participation, when you registered for the event.
- You yourself are responsible for finding another participant and agreeing with the new participant on how you two will settle the participation fee. The Guides and Scouts of Finland will not send a new invoice to the new participant or compensate the original participant for the invoice.
- The new participant must fulfil the same criteria that affect the price as you, the original participant:
- If you registered for the event at the price of a full-time camp participant, you can transfer your participation to a person who will participate in the camp full time at the normal rate (€250).
- If you registered for the event as someone born in 2017 or older who is participating in the camp with a guardian, you can transfer your participation to a person born in 2017 or older who is participating in the camp with a guardian (€165).
- If you registered for the event as someone born in 2018 or younger, you can transfer your participation to a person born in 2018 or younger (€0).
- If you registered with a daily rate, you can transfer your participation only to another person participating with a daily rate. The number of days must be equal to the number given by the original participant, but the actual days may be different from the ones given by the original participant.
- If you have received a full or a half grant, the participant replacing you must still pay the full camp fee. In such cases, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you want to transfer your participation, please send a message to email@example.com by 15 May 2022. Read more about what to include in the message under “How to transfer your participation”.
- Participations cannot be transferred after the deadline.
- The participation fee of the original participant must show as ‘paid’ in the system of the Guides and Scouts of Finland before the transfer can be done.
- After the transfer, the new participant replacing you can modify their registration information, such as their dietary and health information, by contacting Kajo’s customer service at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling +358 9 88657100 during the call hours (kajo2022.fi/yhteystiedot). Any changes should be made by 15 May 2022.
- The participant replacing you must accept the terms of registration, participation and cancellation, and be aware that participating in the scout event involves risks caused by the coronavirus. The participant replacing you must agree not to participate in the event if they are sick or experiencing even mild symptoms.
How to transfer your participation
Finding another participant
Find another participant via your personal networks or use the Facebook group for transferring Kajo participations.
The Facebook group allows you to look for another participant to take your place or express an interest in participating in the event in someone else’s place. Please note that the purpose of the group is only to help participants who want to swap places find each other. Actual transfers of participation are done by sending an email to email@example.com. Any questions concerning transfers should also be sent to this address. The Kajo organization does not answer any inquiries in the Facebook group.
When you are looking for someone to take your place, state in your post whether you have registered for the full camp, with a daily rate or if you are looking for someone to replace a participant under the age of 12 or 3.
Please be careful with your personal information when using the Facebook group!
Settling the fee between the new and the old participant
Your Kajo 2022 participation fee must be paid to the Guides and Scouts of Finland before your participation can be transferred. You and the person who will take your place are responsible for agreeing how the two of you want to settle the participation fee. The Guides and Scouts of Finland will not send a new invoice to the new participant, compensate the original participant for the invoice or assume any responsibility for transfers. Try to use payment options where both the recipient and the payer are identified (such as MobilePay, Pivo or Siirto).
Registering the new participant
The original participant sends the information (first name and surname are enough) of the person who will take their place at the camp by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 15 May 2022.
In addition, the new participant must submit the following information by email to email@example.com by 15 May 2022:
- Name of original participant:
- Email of original participant:
- Membership number of original participant, if they are a member:
- Phone number of original participant:
- Age group of original participant at the camp:
- Name of new (replacing) participant:
- Email of new participant:
- Membership number of new participant, if they are a member:
- Age group of new participant at the camp:
- Phone number of new participant:
- Street address, zip code and city of new participant:
- Accommodation details of new participant (with own group / family village / with another group, which one?):
- Photography permit: Allowed / Not allowed
You will receive an email confirmation of a successful transfer.
Please note: The new participant replacing the original one can modify their dietary and health information by notifying Kajo’s customer service of any changes. Please note that we cannot guarantee that all changes to special diets can be arranged after the food orders have been placed. All the food served at the camp will be lactose-free. You therefore do not need to inform us of a lactose-free / low-lactose diet.
The information sent by email is entered in the Scout register Kuksa for registration. The email messages will be deleted within three months after the event ends. Read more about the processing of personal data in the Scouts on the website of the Guides and Scouts of Finland